Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Birthday boy, Isaac

Mommy, gritting her teeth, "Isaac, what kind of birthday cake do you want?"
Isaac, the don't-get-your-hopes-up-TCK "Best of all, I'd like strawberry
shortcake, and if we can't find strawberries I'd like brownies"
Mommy, "Ok, we'll see what we can find today"
Ring, ring, "Joe, I can't believe I didn't guess he was going to want
strawberry shortcake and look for strawberries in India. What are we
going to do?" No strawberries. Made brownies.
Ring, ring. "Hey, have any packages come for us? Oh, there are? Oh,
you are coming Saturday anyway? Great, that's his birthday. Thanks,
see you then."
They came late afternoon, and inside was...miraculously... strawberry
preserves!
Made shortcake, seen below under Isaac's candle. So cool, thanks God.

The birthday banner pics are especially for Papa and Mike D: Axis and
Allies was the highlight of Isaac's sixth year. Anybody surprised?
What a kid.