It's not at all that Isaac needs incentive to read. And it's not that
he needs guidance on reading educational, good books. But I definitely
underestimated his fervor for his favorite Magic Tree House books,
though he'd hinted at it before. That's why I'd found some and asked
others to send some, though he didn't know how many he'd gotten until I
pulled them out yesterday. So, I wanted to reward him for the reading I
knew he'd do during these 7 weeks of summer break. I set what I thought
could be challenges to read more, starting at 500 pages up to 1250 with
a reward every 250 pages. Now, keep in mind that books with a reading
level of 2nd-4th grade aren't often beyond a hundred pages. He started
yesterday and read 4 MTH books, today also, after both maktab and
homeschool were over, and a little before they were over which resulted
in a few confiscations, 4 more MTH. He's a great kid, and a great
reader; it's a privilege to be his mommy.